Saturday 17 September 2011

RUNNING INTO WINTER AT THE COMPLETE RUNNER

 Contrary to popular opinion I do do some work now and again.  I don't spend all my day running and watching daytime television.
  Although I must confess I do like Loose Women, Doctors, Countdown and Escape to the Country; and of course it was back in January when I last missed my daily run "fix".
 This week with the dregs of Hurricane Katia still wreaking havoc from the west we declared an end to summer at both branches of the COMPLETE RUNNER and I was over at the Lancashire NELSON branch to help rearrange apparel as our suppliers like to call it , bringing up winter jackets, gilets, tights, longsleeves etc  and putting out new lines coming in.
 There is naturally a major emphasis on safe running in the dark with plenty of fluo yellow jackets on offer from the wind/shower resist FASTRAX at £30 through midprice from BROOKS (Nightlife) and NIKE up to GORE Windstopper options at over £100.  But  as an alternative there is the bright orange VIZI PRO range from SAUCONY.
 Many runners prefer less conspicuous colours putting their faith on being seen in the multiple reflective additions which are added to most jackets, tights and long sleeves nowadays. 
 As witnessed by the flash camera reflection throughout the whole of the mens offering shown here.
  We brought in 2 great ranges from ASICS and SAUCONY for those who like to "feel the blues"
and for those who feel inspired dressing in what many of world's leading athletes wear there is the
intense green from ADIDAS.  A range which includes a great value Gore Windstopper jackets in both intense green and black.

 We are continually told by female customers that they find it difficult to get a good choice of running gear in a good range of sizes.  I like to think we cater well for the fairer sex with plenty of choice and availability from  GORE, NIKE, SAUCONY, BROOKS, ASICS and FASTRAX.
  I'm hoping that we don't get as much snow and ice this winter as the last couple of years but it will be cold, it will be windy and it will be wet. 
 But we've  no excuse not getting out and keeping up our running with some great gear
to keep us warm, dry and safe in the coming months.  
                                               Oh, don't forget your footwear....

  

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more that the weather is no excuse. In fact for the first time ever I'm really quite excited about doing some epic fell training runs in winter weather.

    If you fancy joining me for any of my days out in the Lakes doing the odd Bob Graham leg you would be very welcome Terry.

    Simon.

    ReplyDelete