Thursday 28 January 2010

WEDNESDAY WANDERINGS

   The forecast said .....a cool westerly breeze.....I lay in bed early morning and my ears said...there's a gale blowing out there!  Find somewhere sheltered to run today.
   Strid Woods would have been the obvious choice but maintaining my 2010 resolution to introduce more variety I was drawn back towards Timble as yesterday. I wanted to run through the forest ......but without a posse of shotgun toting pheasant pluckers for company!  It would give me a chance to add another new run to my training repertoire.  So from Timble crossroads, through the village down to and around Swinsty,  trail back to Blubberhouses road, crossing over into back plantation for the tough uphill section as covered yesterday to the finish.  Just short of 9 in total.....  and still no sign of a thaw up there.


  
The legs weren't thanking me for subjecting them to that 3/4 mile uphill towards the end of the run but  at least I wasn't being battered by the strong winds and enjoyed it pushing from behind over the last 1/2 mile.  A good new route and one I'll be repeating again before long ..... no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment