Sunday 17 January 2010

SAME AGAIN? NO, THANK YOU.

As we wanted to avoid the pools on the Nesfield/ Beamsley Road, and simply for a change, Sarah J. and I  drove with Pat through Pool and Arthington. I dropped off first at Pool.  I wanted to do 13 without having to go through Ilkley and planning the run on http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ knew that it would hilly coming back via Farnley and then Newall Carr road.  The Farnley Park road on the Otley 10k course wasn't too bad but I don't think I'll be repeating the 3.2 mile climb from Otley, past the hospital and the Spite all the way to the ridge above Askwith!  The view over Swinsty, Fewston and Memwith Hill, the RAF/U.S.A.F. communications and intelligence station provided some reward and but was enjoyed only briefly, mainly because I had my head down battling the incline and the strong winds up there!

A respite then descending through Askwith to the A65 but still had to find 2 miles back up to the house to achieve the 13 as planned.  Think I'll be giving the hill session a miss on Tuesday after that epic today. But it's done now and meant that I could bank another 50 for the week to maintain this month of conditioning.

And finally.....can you recognise this famous international athlete at airport check in and lounge ?


1 comment:

  1. It's gotta be Marlene Ottey. Having so many gold medals means you can even make some of them into hearings!

    ReplyDelete