Thursday 17 December 2009

IMPROVE YOUR 10K TIME BY 20 MINUTES IN A YEAR!?

I know many reading this are young enough to be hoping for future P.B.s and are working hard to achieve them. Even I feel that there is some room for improvement next year on 2009 times. But how about this for a rise to the highest national level?!


On Dec.14 2008, one Jim Dean, M 65 ,unattached of Kendal, ran the Great Langdale 10K in 356th. place with a time of 60.20.  Last Sunday, Dec 13 2009, one Jim Dean, M65, unattached of Kendal, ran the same event in 30th place with a time of 40.28.  So,an improvement of nearly 20 minutes; good enough to see him ranked in 13th. place M65 in the UK.  Absolutely amazing! When and if I found out the secret behind his rise to such heights I will publish all on this blog.

Meanwhile, back to more mundane routine matters.....today's run.  Post race build up continued with an offroad 8 today.  Might well have been less as the first snow storm of the morning hit me in the first mile and as they say around
here I was "baht'at"......i.e. I had forgotten my headgear.  I must confess to strongly considering to turn back soon after and half the distance particularly as I had a 12.30 appointment,  but I knew I would have shelter in the woods, so I ploughed on as planned.  Besides I hate deviating from the session once I've started. 

  This is how Beamsley Beacon looked at around 11.30 this morning, picturesquely adorned by the
first snow of winter 2009.  Fortunately, the snow
hadn't settled on the roads and I returned well in time for my meeting with my NIKE rep. Adam Sutton.  (Preston Harriers....check out HIS record !!!)
     It's only mid December but I have to sort out the COMPLETE RUNNER'S NIKE shoes and clothing requirements for August, September and October 2010 by Jan.13th.  Adam provided me with a  pair of the latest version of the much sought after LUNARGLIDE training shoes to test.  Comments on this revolutionary NIKE midsole technology to follow.   This is the Spring 2010 mens colourway......





1 comment:

  1. I was eager to read this one. It would be superb if I could get my 10k down to near the 15 minute mark in a year.

    Well done to Jim Dean - getting close to 40 mins at 65 is excellent.

    ReplyDelete