Thursday 19 November 2009

RUNNING TO A STANDSTILL




I didn't plan to run fast and hard today,following yesterday's 21 x 300 on the track and 2 fairly hard Strid loops. As it was the weather left me (and anyone else running this morning!) with no choice.  I was back on the 2 Res. Run again. Continually I would come around a bend to be brought to a standstill as my puny 9st 8 figure struggled to cope against the S.W. gales.  Reaching the foreshore near the small, northerly Swinsty car park I was moving so slowly I had time to take a couple of shots as published here.  So sympathy to all those who had to train in it tonight if the gales were still blowing.
Including Sarah J. (Running Bear) who kindly popped in for a couple of hours for a chat this afternoon and was planning a 13 tonight.

I have nothing but admiration for the commitment of this young lady and her partner Marc. Last weekend saw her record another fine performance. Ist F35 running for England in the Masters British international. Is this the same lady who finished 54th in a C.R. W. Yks. XC league just a few years ago?

A great example of a dormant talent reawakening and with continued determination she is reaping the rewards which she richly deserves. Long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment