Saturday 7 November 2009

ON THE RIGHT TRACK? CLEARLY NOT!


Scheduled another session at Nelson today.  First on the track at 10.20; very quiet as usual. Rain relented for the 600m. reps; a favourite distance with jog 200m recovery.  Did 6 reps. a fortnight ago averaging 2.35.6. Today, did 8 averaging 2.34.1 so initially quite pleased,  but when I scrolled up the training sheet I was reminded that I had achieved 2.28.6 average for the same session earlier this year. Difference being that on that occasion I was being run down by Running Bear, giving me 100 m. start each time, albeit on a warm and breezy morning in June. (Can't think of anyone better to be chased by!) Anyway, a second track session of the week completed at approx. 42min. 10k pace and no injuries although the legs felt a bit wonky at times as the above photo testifies.  Stepped off the track looking forward to an immediate hot shower; only to find the attendant had locked up and gone home with my bag inside the building! Following a rescue call by Running Bear he returned 30 mins. later.  Lesson being if you train at Nelson on a Saturday morning go early.  Fortunately I could get a shower at the Nelson Complete Runner shop.

39.5 miles on the week so a steady canal run tomorrow to take it to around the 50 mile mark as planned.
Let's hope the legs aren't as wonky as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment